16 Semi-Finalists Selected To Return For LOOKING FOR STARS Auditions In Orlando
Competition to Determine Two Regional Finalists - Airs Monday, July 24 at 8:50 p.m. (ET/PT)
Excitement mounts in LOOKING FOR STARS on Starz Monday, July 24 at 8:50 p.m. (ET/PT) as the competition continues with the final day of the regional auditions for sixteen Orlando semi-finalists. Host and traveling judge Alan Hunter, along with regional judges Laura and Lisa Bunbury (co-owners of the Actors Info Booth Inc.), will determine and announce the final two semi-finalists who will go on to the finals in Los Angeles.
The semi-finalists competing Monday, July 24 are (alphabetical by last name):
* Camille Campbell, 23, Orlando, FL
* Savanna D′Amico, 19, Summerville, SC
* Gary Dickerson, 24, Dequincy, LA
* Laura Dunlap, 20, Herndon, VA
* Woodrow ′Woody′ Ent, 19, Ann Arbor, MI
* Stevie Guttman, 29, Boca Raton, FL
* Travus Herndon, 30, Sopchoppy, FL
* Tyson Jones, 18, Longview, TX
* Daniel Lamb, 25, Naples, FL
* Mark Laurnoff, 27, Alachua, FL
* Jahmal Leitzsey, 36, Davison, MI
* Rebecca Scott, 26, Gainesville, FL
* Gloria Stella, 21, Grovetown, GA
* Aaron Tucker, 35, Jacksonville, FL
* Cornelius Wilson, 18, Memphis, TN
* Kirk White, 34, Jacksonville, FL
LOOKING FOR STARS, a Starz original micro-series, chronicles the nationwide search for a star. Thousands of aspiring actors responded to Starz′ national casting call in January and vied for the 300 audition spots for LOOKING FOR STARS. Every week, wannabe actors are featured in their quest to be selected for a speaking role in Revolution Studios′ action-adventure film Next starring Nicolas Cage and Julianne Moore. Former MTV VJ Alan Hunter is the host of the show and is joined by two regional industry pros to do the judging in each city. In the finals, Hunter is joined by actor/director Melanie Mayron ("thirtysomething" and The Baby-Sitters Club) and a Revolution Studios executive Brad Sexton.
LOOKING FOR STARS is SEG′s first foray into original serialized short-form programming and is sponsored by SEG in association with Revolution Studios. The 14-episode micro-series airs on Starz every Monday at 8:50 p.m. (ET/PT) and continues through September. Encore episodes will air on Starz on the Sunday following each original episode and on Starz Edge on the Saturday following each original episode at 8:50 p.m. (ET/PT), plus it will be available to view on Starz On Demand and available for download on the new Vongo service.
More information may be found on the LOOKING FOR STARS website, www.starz.com/lookingforstars, which also provides weekly updates with exclusive pictures, outtakes, a behind-the-scenes blog by host Alan Hunter and more.