Reality Shows TOP CHEF And THE REAL HOUSEWIVES OF ORANGE COUNTY Pull Viewers In
Bravo sets network records in second quarter, delivering its highest second quarter performance in the history of the network for total day viewing among Adults 18-49 and 25-54, and achieving double-digit primetime increases across key demos. Bravo was the #1 cable entertainment network in 2005 for delivering advertisers a high concentration of affluent (HH $100K+) viewers in the Adults 18-49 and 25-54 demos. Bravo is again on course to maintain its status as the #1 upscale entertainment cable network on television for both demos, achieving cable′s highest concentration of viewership for 2Q06 among Adults 18-49 and 25-54 in affluent homes through May.
Bravo has witnessed year-to-year increases in viewership across all key demographics versus the second quarter of 2005. Bravo′s prime (Monday-Sunday 8-11 p.m.) increased by 10% in HH ratings (.44), 11% among total viewers (447,000), 25% among P18-34 (116,000), 14% by P18-49 (252,000) and 8% by P25-54 (260,000).
For total day, 2Q06 was Bravo′s best second quarter in history among both P18-49 and P25-54. Bravo also hit its best 2Q for the Mon-Sun 7P-2A daypart among P18-49 with 219,000 viewers in the key demo. In total day, year-to-year Bravo increased household ratings by 14% (.25), total viewers by +17% (to 242,000), P18-34 by +31% (to 71,000), P18-49 by +21% (143,000) and P25-54 by +16% (to 141,000).
Traffic to BravoTV.com remained strong with another record breaking quarter across all metrics, pulling in 2.7 million unique visitors and 61.5 million page views, representing increases of 90% and 245%, respectively, versus the same quarter a year ago. This marks the best performing second quarter ever for BravoTV.com.
Bravo′s success in the first part of the second quarter was driven by the breakout success of TOP CHEF and THE REAL HOUSEWIVES OF ORANGE COUNTY, both new series introduced in 2006.
Season one of TOP CHEF averaged a 1.2 HH coverage rating and over 1.2 million total viewers, ranking as the top food series on cable among P18-49 (878,000) and P25-54 (826,000) for 2006 to-date. The TOP CHEF finale on 5/24/06 averaged a 1.4 HH coverage rating, 1.6 million total viewers, 1.1 million P18-49 and 1.1 million P25-54.
THE REAL HOUSEWIVES OF ORANGE COUNTY averaged 503,000 P18-49 and 440,000 P25-54, up from year-ago time-period delivery by +47% in P18-49 and +26% in P25-54. The series finale on 5/2/06 averaged a 1.0 Household rating, 977,000 total viewers, 817,000 P18-49 and 743,000 P25-54.