The A&E Network Real-Life Series DRIVING FORCE Returns For A Second Season On Tuesday, March 27, 2007 New Season Focuses On John Force’s Pursuit Of An Unprecedented 15th NHRA Championship
As Well As Ashley Force’s Headlines-Making Announcement As First Female In Funny Car Competition Since 2000
Get set for more heart-pounding, edge-of-your-seat action! DRIVING FORCE, A&E’s high-velocity real-life series starring racing legend John Force, his wife Laurie, and their three beautiful drag racing daughters, returns for a second season of high stakes drama on Tuesday, March 27 at 10:00pm EST/PST.
A dominant figure in drag racing for both his winning reputation and charismatic personality, John Force has shattered every major record on the drag strip, exhibited extraordinary skill as a team owner and businessman and is now gearing up for his greatest challenge - raising three daughters, Ashley, 24; Brittany, 20; and Courtney, 18; who are following in his footsteps and competing in the male-dominated field of high-speed drag racing.
The July 17, 2006 series premiere of DRIVING FORCE attracted 1.2 million A18-49 and 1.1 million A25-54 viewers, making it at the time the best series premiere performance on A&E since Dog the Bounty Hunter.
In the first season we watched as John, whose career kept him on the road throughout most of the girls’ childhoods, worked at rekindling his relationship with them by bringing them into the family business.
This season focuses on John’s pursuit of an unprecedented 15th NHRA Championship, as well as Ashley Force’s long awaited move up in ranks to compete with and against her father in the Funny Car division.
The Forces made headlines last month when it was announced that second oldest daughter, Ashley, would move up in classification this season to drive a fourth Ford Mustang Funny Car for John Force Racing, Inc, Castrol and Automobile Club of Southern California.
* There are four different professional categories (Top Fuel, Funny Car, Pro Stock and Pro Stock Motorcycle) in the National Hot Rod Association (NHRA).
* With Ashley’s addition to the Funny Car ranks there are now women competing simultaneously in all four professional categories for the first time in NHRA history.
* Ashley is the first woman to compete in the Funny Car division since Cristen Powell in 2000.
* A woman has never reached the final round in the Funny Car division. Ashley is expected to achieve this feat in 2007.
* A woman has never finished in the top 10 in points in the Funny Car division. Ashley is expected to finish in the top 10 this season.
* Ashley and John Force would be the first ever father - daughter match in the history of the NHRA if and when they meet in eliminations.
Many experts and pundits believe that Ashley’s move to the Funny Car division will have a profound impact on the sport of drag racing and will be the biggest story in the NHRA’s 50 year history. A&E′s cameras are there to capture it all as the drama and excitement surrounding drag racing′s premier family unfolds on the new season of DRIVING FORCE.