Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Exclusive Interview With Anchal Joseph - Seventh Model Voted Off On AMERICAS NEXT TOP MODEL

Last Wednesday night, Anchal Joseph, a sales clerk from Homestead, Florida, Texas, was the seventh girl eliminated during the during hit reality TV series, AMERICA′S NEXT TOP MODEL.

During the judging, each girl was asked to act out the combination of a verb and an adverb. The judges were disappointed in Anchal′s lack of commitment in portraying her words: "dancing aggressively." Twiggy noted that Anchal always looked embarrassed when asked to do something. The judges agreed that while Anchal has a natural beauty, she had not shown them the level of commitment they were looking for.

Our own RealityTVWebsite.com Elaine James caught up with Anchal in this exclusive one-on-one interview.

Elaine James: You were the 7th girl eliminated on the 7th cycle of the show. Are you superstitious at all? Do you think that is a good sign?

Anchal Joseph: No, I´m not superstitious whatsoever. I never really thought of it that way. That´s awkward. You´ve got me thinking now.

Elaine James: While you were on the beach doing volleyball in bikinis, you said that you don´t need to be in a bikini doing sporty moves. If you had your dream come true, what type of modeling would you be doing?

Anchal Joseph: I´m getting a fitness trainer to get my body in shape and be the way I want to look. I think that I can do any kind of modeling put in front of me. I´m not going to let my body discourage me. I will do any time type of modeling that they want me to do. I want to be a Victoria´s Secret model though! I want the wings. I´ll be happy for the rest of my life then.

Elaine James: When you tried out for the show, did you think you´d be doing such crazy things as doing a love scene with Fabio, jumping on NASCAR drivers and floating in midair above a giant fan?

Anchal Joseph: No, I never thought that I would be in a love scene with Fabio. I thought they would bring in another male model and then they bring in Fabio. They first time I said my name I spit in his eye and he laughed at me. I was like, "Oh my God!"

Elaine James: Do you feel as though you were portrayed accurately on the show? They seem to be focusing on your lack of confidence.

Anchal Joseph: I do have a lack of confidence. My friends know that this is the real me but they were mad at me because they didn′t think that I should have had such low self-confidence on the show. It was portrayed well. That is the real me; I′m not a mean person. I′m also not a big crybaby either, they just showed that the wrong way.

Elaine James: When it got down to you and the other 6 girls, were you ever starting to think that you just might make it to the end and come away with the win?

Anchal Joseph: Yes, after the giant photo shoot, I was like, "I can do this, I can do this." After hearing Melrose talk about me and I knew how inferior she was, just kind of pushed me a little further. I came her to accomplish what I was here to do.

Elaine James: When you got to panel, how did it make you feel when Tyra was lecturing you about not committing?

Anchal Joseph: I do have commitment. I want to do this. I think she was halfway right and halfway wrong. I want to do this and she doesn′t know what is going through my head and the only fault on my behalf was that I didn′t come out of my shell. It wasn′t my commitment; it was my shyness that got to me.

Elaine James: How did you feel when you saw the show & heard the judges say that like the CoverGirl foundation, you were whipped?

Anchal Joseph: I didn′t see the show. What′s that supposed to mean? It′s not that I was whipped. I was happy that I went home at that point. I was thankful for the opportunity and I′m really positive about everything. I′m not going to let that elimination bring me down. If it was my time to go, then here was a reason for me to go.

Elaine James: So what have you done since you′ve been home?

Anchal Joseph: Well, since we are not allowed to do anything, I went back to school and took a little break. I′m trying to get back to my regular body weight. I′ve gained a lot more self-confidence. Now, I′m working for a little bit and I′m wanting to see where modeling can lead me and what I can get out of it.

Elaine James: Who are you rooting for to win?

Anchal Joseph: I will be rooting for Caridee