Monday, December 04, 2006

Exclusive Interview With Amanda Babin - Tenth Model Voted Off On AMERICAS NEXT TOP MODEL

Last Wednesday night, Amanda Babin, a bookstore sales associate from Anaheim, CA, was the tenth girl eliminated during the during hit reality TV series, AMERICA′S NEXT TOP MODEL.

During the judging, Nigel and Twiggy both commented that Amanda has a unique, high fashion look, though there is something about her that is just a little awkward. "She needs to know her body, but she is too young," guest judge and photographer David Ruiz said. While Tyra considered Amanda to have strong potential as a model, she felt there was something a little too soft and meek about her personality. "It′s always hard when something good ends," Amanda said after being eliminated from the race to become AMERICA′S NEXT TOP MODEL.

Our own RealityTVWebsite.com Elaine James caught up with Amanda in this exclusive one-on-one interview.

Elaine James: Did you have a nice Thanksgiving last week?

Amanda Babin: Um, no. I was in the hospital. I had an allergic reaction to a hornet and my throat was swelling, so no turkey for me. The hornet actually stung me about 2 weeks before and I′ve had hives for the last couple of days and it was really bad, but now I′m fine. So Thanksgiving wasn′t great.

Elaine James: You poor thing! Well, on to topic. Congratulations on making it to the final four. How did it feel to not be standing there with your sister?

Amanda Babin: It wasn′t that out of place, we′ve been apart before. It was just weird to be without her, because I was used to her being there. It was just kind of strange.

Elaine James: Tell me about learning the dance steps. It looked like you were having a lot of trouble in the beginning, but then practiced all night and pulled it off.

Amanda Babin: The beginning was awful, because I′m not a quick learner. Most of the girls learned it pretty quick, but I had to keep asking questions. Once I had practiced, I could learn it, but dancing is not an easy thing for me.

Elaine James: When you tried out TOP MODEL, did you ever see yourself floating in an evening gown in Barcelona?

Amanda Babin: I didn′t actually have that scenario in my head. I was hoping that we would go to a foreign country. It was a lot of fun that not many people get to experience.

Elaine James: When it got down to you and CariDee in the bottom two, did you know that you were going home?

Amanda Babin: I didn′t think it would be CariDee with me. I thought Eugenia would be standing next to me. When I was in the bottom two with her, I was scared, because the judges really like her. So since I was there with her, I thought that I might be going home, and I did.

Elaine James: What was your favorite photoshoot?

Amanda Babin: My favorite photo was the one in the pool, but my favorite photoshoot was the celebrity couples. That was so much fun. Everyone was just joking around and it was such an easy week and was a fun atmosphere.

Elaine James: So what was your least favorite?

Amanda Babin: My least favorite was probably the bull. There was just something about that day and I wasn′t doing well. I just didn′t like it.

Elaine James: What was the best thing you learned from your whole experience on the show?

Amanda Babin: I learned that I can be more independent and make my own decisions. About the modeling world, you really gotta show them. Especially on the Go Sees, you have such little time to impress them; you have to be on your game. It′s a job interview. You only get called back if you do well. You only get one chance.

Elaine James: What are your plans for the future, now that you are home?

Amanda Babin: I plan to get an agent and keep modeling to see where that can take me. In the mean time, I′ve just been going to school and having a normal life, since we can′t do any modeling.

Elaine James: What are you studying in school?

Amanda Babin: General Ed. I don′t know what to study, since we are going to do modeling.

Elaine James: What kind of modeling would you like to see yourself doing?

Amanda Babin: I really like print editorial and real high fashion. Runway is a lot of fun, but I don′t know that I have the strongest walk. I try, but it′s really difficult.

Elaine James: If you weren′t modeling, what would you be doing?

Amanda Babin: If I weren′t modeling, I would maybe be doing some theater.

Elaine James: Last question, who are you rooting for to win?

Amanda Babin: You know, I′m not sure who I′m rooting for. They′re all doing so well, I have respect for each of them. I think Eugenia′s photos aren′t strong enough, so I′d say that I′m rooting for a blond.