Friday, October 07, 2005

AMAZING RACE HOST Phil Keoghan Name His Most Memorable RACE Moments

In an interview with the CHICAGO TRIBUNE, Phil Keoghan, host of THE AMAZING RACE, was asked what have been the most memorable moments for him from the past seven seasons.

* Charla and Mirna carrying meat in Season 5: "I´m sorry, it just doesn´t get much better than that."

* Emily and Nancy trying to find a clue in an Indian marketplace in Season 1: "It was just such an amazing example of culture shock, which to me, the audience connects with, because they understand, - If I were there, I would be so out of my element."

* The head shaving with Uchenna and Joyce in Season 7: "It´s extremely touching. Part of what makes that so powerful is that when Brandon and Nicole were faced with the same fast-forward, they decided not to do it, and they didn´t win THE AMAZING RACE. I asked Brandon and Nicole, "What would you do for a million dollars?" They looked at me, and I said, "Would you shave off your hair for a million dollars?" They realized what I was asking them, and I said, "Well, clearly you wouldn´t, because you don´t know if you just gave up a million dollars." Speaking Uchenna and Joyce, Phil said, "I don´t think we´ve ever had more popular winners. Same with Chip and Kim."

* The challenge in New Zealand, when racers rolled down a hill in a giant ball called a Zorb:"That´s a friend of mine, that´s my friend¹s farm. I drove about 500 miles to find that location; they´d never taken the Zorb off-site before, so I tested it with my friend, down this hill. I just remember screaming, "We´ve got to get that in the show!"

* In Season 5, when the Bowling Moms were doing the rock-climbing challenge, Phil wished that Christie had done that challenge instead of Colin: "That´s when I wished there had been the rule about (teammates having to do an even number of) roadblocks. Colin was doing most of the roadblocks, and I would have loved to have seen Christie go head to head with Karen (of the Bowling Moms)."

* John of the team John Vito and Jill eating the cheese in Season 3: "It was just funny."

* Uchenna and Joyce at the orphanage in South Africa.

* In Season 6, Gus and Hera at the Goure Island in Africa, where slaves were shipped to the New World: "To me it¹s one of the greatest moments, where the show really slowed down and was breathing. The whole show slowed down. It was extraordinary."

The full article can be seen at: CHICAGO TRIBUNE