Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Exclusive Interview With Kathleen DuJour - First Model Voted Off On AMERICAS NEXT TOP MODEL 8

Last Wednesday night, Kathleen DuJour, a hairstylist from Brooklyn, NY, was the first girl eliminated during the eighth cycle premiere of The CW’s hit reality series AMERICA’S NEXT TOP MODEL, reducing the pool from 13 girls to 12.

During the judging, Tyra expressed her overall disappointment with the results of the shoot. The judges were concerned the most with Kathleen and were not sure she would be able to handle the intensity of the modeling world. "The girl with a bright spirit and hair to match that just lost the map," Tyra said to Kathleen, before eliminating her from the race to become AMERICA’S NEXT TOP MODEL.

Our own RealityTVWebsite.com Elaine James caught up with Kathleen in this exclusive one-on-one interview.

Elaine James: Was it like when Tyra called your name as a finalist?

Kathleen DuJour: Oh my god! I thought I could actually win this thing. I thought that I had made it already.

Elaine James: During the political photo shoot, you had a hard time grasping the concept of "anti-fur." Tell me what that was like.

Kathleen DuJour: I understood the whole political issue, what I didn’t understand was what type of facial expression they wanted me to give them. I wish they had been more specific with me.

Elaine James: When you arrived at the house, were you inspired by the photos and quotes on the walls from past winners?

Kathleen DuJour: Oh definitely, it motivate you even more to watch these girls. You know that if she can make it, you can make it.

Elaine James: Tell me about the dynamics in the house. How did everyone get along?

Kathleen DuJour: First, we got there and it was early on and everyone was being nice to each other. Everyone was trying their best to get along with each other.

Elaine James: You rocked the thrift shop challenge! What kinds of items were you looking for in your three minutes?

Kathleen DuJour: I had no plan. I was just grabbing. I was looking more for colors.

Elaine James: When Tyra stated that she was disappointed in everyone’s photos, what was going through your head?

Kathleen DuJour: I knew that they didn’t get out of me what they wanted, so I knew that she wasn’t happy about our photo shoot. I knew that I could be going home today.

Elaine James: Was there anything that you had wished you had done differently?

Kathleen DuJour: I have no regrets at all.

Elaine James: So what have you taken from the experience?

Kathleen DuJour: I just learned that it’s not easy to be a model. It takes a lot of hard work and dedication. It is more than just taking pictures. It is an art.

Elaine James: So what have you been doing since the show?

Kathleen DuJour: Now that I am back home, I will be working with my photographer to take more pictures. I’m going to pursue that.

Elaine James: Who are you rooting for to win?

Kathleen DuJour: I’m rooting for Cassandra. I just love her attitude.